Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Doo Wop Preservation League
Oct 25th, 2014, 9:00pm
News: Welcome to the Doo Wop Preservation League message board!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
OLD WILDWOOD LANDMARKS (Read 21629 times)
markcpeyko
Senior God Member

Tom Cat, Cold Cat

Re: OLD WILDWOOD LANDMARKS
Reply #90 - Sep 24th, 2008, 9:03pm

I've taken my pooch on weekend trips to Michigan and elsewhere, but Wildwood doesn't seem to be the right place for a dog. Can't take him to the beach until October, the boardwalk seems like a no-go and the car is too hot. I love my dog, but a vacation to the Jersey Shore doesn't seem fair to him or me.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Melissa1978
God Member

Loves writing
stories

Reply #91 - Sep 24th, 2008, 9:24pm

Quote from markcpeyko on Sep 24th, 2008, 9:03pm:
I've taken my pooch on weekend trips to Michigan and elsewhere, but Wildwood doesn't seem to be the right place for a dog. Can't take him to the beach until October, the boardwalk seems like a no-go and the car is too hot. I love my dog, but a vacation to the Jersey Shore doesn't seem fair to him or me.

I agree its not when we go on Vacation it is like Vacation from the dogs too you know like your children....You still love your children but when they go back to school after a long Summer Break you are happy they are back but you do still love them.....My Dog Margaret she is the diabetic dog she can't take the heat either it can be 65,75 etcetra the sun being strong even when you have a cool breeze bothers her and Tootie the other dog if she hears a wave she will run she is a little scaredy dog LOl

Melissa
Cassie to Diana-You're the other blackwell in the circle,you're my sister-The Secret Circle

The Secret Circle,The Lying Game,Castle,The mentalist,Pretty little liars all good shows.

Email View Profile   IP Logged
markcpeyko
Senior God Member

Tom Cat, Cold Cat

Reply #92 - Sep 24th, 2008, 9:41pm

My dog would be up the beach in a flash.

ilovewildwood
God Member

Save the motels

Reply #93 - Sep 25th, 2008, 2:34am

My one complaint about Wildwood is  that it's not dog-friendly. In Miami you can bring your dog to almost any restaurant with outdoor seating and on Hollywood Beach they have a section set aside for dogs on weekends from mid-afternoon to sundown. I guess I see the obvious problem with dogs on the boardwalk...but I don't know why you can't bring small dogs if they're in a doggie stroller (My husband said if I took our shih tzu out in a stroller he'd walk 50 feet behind and pretend he didn't know me..but I'd still do it Wink)
Where can you take dogs on the beach in October?
Also, just because a hotel allows dogs, don't assume it's not nice. I've stayed in some beautiful luxury hotels that even provided dog pillows and fresh-baked treats.

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Flyer
Ultimate God Member

Reply #94 - Sep 25th, 2008, 9:32am

I imagine a lot of motels are worried about the barking... not that a bunch of screaming kids or loud drunks talking outside the rooms are any better.

View Profile   IP Logged
Al Alven
Forum Moderator

Through this magical
arch...

Reply #95 - Sep 25th, 2008, 11:32am

The "pet" issue isn't one I've thought about much, admittedly. I don't own a dog and we wouldn't bother bringing out two cats on vacation with us. But, I can see where it would be a concern for people who would want to take their pets on vacation with them.

I'm taking kind of an "outsider's" look at this thing, but it seems to me that Wildwood is a lot more pet friendly than it has been in recent years. Again, maybe it's just me, but more and more motels seem to admitting pets. Or, again, maybe it's just that it's something I've never really paid attention to in the past.

Anyway, it's nice to hear good things about a place like the Red Horse. Prior to recently, that was one of the motels it seemed we never heard much of anything about...

Al Alven

Wildwood 365: www.wildwood365.net
Email View Profile WWW alalven   IP Logged
firemansgirl

Reply #96 - Sep 25th, 2008, 12:04pm

Quote from jmbcpa1 on Jul 8th, 2008, 3:42pm:
Is Russo's Italian Restaurant in North Wildwood still open?

Does anyone remember Maggio's Italian Market on Pacific Ave?

I know that it is long gone, but they had the best Italian coldcuts and rolls in all of the Wildwoods.

jmbcpa1@aol.com

Russo's Italian Restaurant on Park is fantastic.  I make sure I go there at least once when I'm in Wildwood.  I'll also stop there if I'm in Atlantic City too.  

Email View Profile firemansgirl   IP Logged
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #97 - Sep 25th, 2008, 11:06pm

[quote author=ilovewildwood link=1215546174/90#93 date=1222324441]Quote from markcpeyko on Sep 24th, 2008, 9:03pm:

Probably anywhere, "allowed" or not.  At peak, when lifeguard patrol during the day, once 5:30pm passes and the guards leave, dogs come out.  They tend to stay close to the water while their owners walk with them.  When I was in Wildwood last week, there were no lifeguards at all, relatively quieter beaches, and some dogs at different times thru the day.

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
jmbcpa1

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #98 - Oct 18th, 2008, 1:39pm

Quote from Al Alven on Sep 25th, 2008, 11:32am:
The "pet" issue isn't one I've thought about much, admittedly. I don't own a dog and we wouldn't bother bringing out two cats on vacation with us. But, I can see where it would be a concern for people who would want to take their pets on vacation with them.

I'm taking kind of an "outsider's" look at this thing, but it seems to me that Wildwood is a lot more pet friendly than it has been in recent years. Again, maybe it's just me, but more and more motels seem to admitting pets. Or, again, maybe it's just that it's something I've never really paid attention to in the past.

Anyway, it's nice to hear good things about a place like the Red Horse. Prior to recently, that was one of the motels it seemed we never heard much of anything about...

jmbcpa1
Email View Profile WWW jmbcpa1   IP Logged
crazyaboutwildwood
Ex Member

Reply #99 - Oct 19th, 2008, 12:03am

Quote from ilovewildwood on Sep 25th, 2008, 2:34am:

My one complaint about Wildwood is  that it's not dog-friendly. In Miami you can bring your dog to almost any restaurant with outdoor seating and on Hollywood Beach they have a section set aside for dogs on weekends from mid-afternoon to sundown. I guess I see the obvious problem with dogs on the boardwalk...but I don't know why you can't bring small dogs if they're in a doggie stroller (My husband said if I took our shih tzu out in a stroller he'd walk 50 feet behind and pretend he didn't know me..but I'd still do it Wink)
Also, just because a hotel allows dogs, don't assume it's not nice. I've stayed in some beautiful luxury hotels that even provided dog pillows and fresh-baked treats.

Your right! Wildwood is def not a pet friendly town. Yes, Some places have tried to change but for the most part they are still way behind with the times when it comes to animals.

IP Logged
hulk007
Ultimate God Member

If I had one day
left on earth i'd
spend it in WW

Reply #100 - Oct 20th, 2008, 9:25pm

Quote from Al Alven on Sep 25th, 2008, 11:32am:

Red Horse seems to fall through the cracks becuase its on the bay side. Always looked like a nice little place and the deli across the street is pretty good.

View Profile   IP Logged
cringey

WW for life

Reply #101 - Apr 7th, 2012, 9:12pm

Quote from jmbcpa1 on Aug 27th, 2008, 9:26am:
Quote from jerseygirl on Aug 27th, 2008, 8:46am:
I honestly am not sure of who owns Marcellas.  If I find out, I'll be sure to post the info.

Jersey Girl:

Thank you for your interest.

Jim B

Thread Resurrection:  

Between it being Taylor's and Marcella's it was the Polonez Deli.  
Was a cross between a Polish restaurant/buffet and Polish Deli.
First time me and my family went I saw a friend from colleges car in the driveway.
Turned out her family owned the place at that time.
Being a Ukrainian family we loved the place.
Sadly after a few years it may have became too much work for them and they sold.
Even though the place was relatively new the closure of it kinda pushed Wildwood from a definate trip to a "eh whenever trip" to my parents.

I loved getting a sandwich for the beach from Taylors when it was around.  

Just filling in the piece of history between Marcellas and Taylor.

Cindy
God Member

proudly drinking the
kool aid

Reply #102 - Apr 9th, 2012, 1:26pm

I remember the Polonez Deli and am pretty sure I have a picture of the Polish flag that was on the side of the building.  Russo's in NWW was a favorite haunt in my NWW/Silver Sands/ Chateau Bleu days. Always loved the smell of that place... yummy cold cuts!

"Bobby Bright of the Wildwood Historical Society often refers to us as a cult . . ." Ralph Grassi
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print