Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Doo Wop Preservation League
Jul 31st, 2014, 1:34pm
News: Welcome to the Doo Wop Preservation League message board!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Top 10 favorite Wildwood rides of all-time (Read 3757 times)
FlyinGN
Ultimate God Member

Wildwood fan since
'61

Re: Top 10 favorite Wildwood rides of all-time
Reply #45 - Aug 1st, 2012, 7:02am

we always get the card with the off season (1/2 price) sale as we did this year

Quote from wildwood_since_85 on Jul 30th, 2012, 10:06pm:
I think its 95 cents now.

That being said that bracelets are a good deal if you ride alot. Also they do have good deals if riding during the week from 12:30-6

Another idea is you can buy 250 tickets for $150 (60 cents each) and at least you know they never expire.

And of course they have the offseason sales as well.

So there are options out there to avoid ever having to pay 95 cents or $1 a ticket.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/flyingn/mustang%20GT/
Email View Profile   IP Logged
watchthetramcar
Senior God Member

Reply #46 - Aug 12th, 2012, 5:29pm

Now I know I already posted which were my 10 favorite rides of all time, but I wanted to add 1 as a honorable mention as well and with a question about the ride.
I don't know if the Flying Galleon aka (the Sky Ship) is also a current favorite of yours, but it is for me. There is nothing prettier at night than going around the track seeing all the lights and the sounds when you are in the back by the ocean. I only would go on this at night for that reason. This ride reminds me of the Monorail that was at Fun Pier years ago. (i was a fan of that also) Maybe since I am not young, I like the more mellow rides nowadays.  Wink
My question is why does this ride break down so often? It seems like they are always doing something with it mechanical wise. I just hope that it stays on the pier, because it fits in more than ever since the Ghost Ship's arrival.
Kory

wildwood_since_85
Senior God Member

Reply #47 - Aug 12th, 2012, 6:04pm

For some reason I only went on it a few times during day. I guess too preoccupied with the other things on the pier at night to try it. It sounds like a good idea.

Zoom Phloom Fanatic
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #48 - Aug 12th, 2012, 10:13pm

I've never gone on it at all.  I enjoy the big seagulls that you pedal that run around a similar track.  I'll have to try it.

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
wildwood_since_85
Senior God Member

Reply #49 - Aug 12th, 2012, 10:20pm

I did the seagulls during the day and its not a good idea on a hot day. You wouldnt think it was that bad but..when its hot out and your peddling it starts to get real hot fast and you use alot of energy up.

Zoom Phloom Fanatic
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #50 - Aug 12th, 2012, 11:17pm

Yeah, it's a workout.

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
wildwoodgirl
Senior God Member

Best place
ever!!!!!!

Reply #51 - Aug 13th, 2012, 9:21am

My family has gone on both.  They seem to like it.  It's a change from the extreme rides; a throwback to the old rides of yesteryear!!  Although my one daughter says the gulls scare her to death; imagine that.  She'll go on the Nor'easter, but that little ride scares her! Grin

View Profile   IP Logged
HappyGilmore

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #52 - Aug 13th, 2012, 8:26pm

Quote from FlyinGN on Aug 1st, 2012, 7:02am:
we always get the card with the off season (1/2 price) sale as we did this year

Quote from wildwood_since_85 on Jul 30th, 2012, 10:06pm:
I think its 95 cents now.

That being said that bracelets are a good deal if you ride alot. Also they do have good deals if riding during the week from 12:30-6

Another idea is you can buy 250 tickets for $150 (60 cents each) and at least you know they never expire.

And of course they have the offseason sales as well.

So there are options out there to avoid ever having to pay 95 cents or $1 a ticket.

I'd have to look into this.

I did end up getting some bracelet thing for this year.  It was $41.  Not sure on the prices as I didn't directly purchase.  My mom's sister did.  Last year they somehow managed both the water parks on Friday, and the regular piers on Saturday, post Labor Day with said bracelet.

I'm not so concerned with the water parks.

"Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan said he'd melt my brain if I didn't ask Lorraine to the dance."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print