Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Doo Wop Preservation League
Nov 27th, 2014, 9:10am
News: Welcome to the Doo Wop Preservation League message board!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
So... um... Mack's or Sam's?  ;) (Read 5942 times)
wildwood_since_85
Senior God Member

Re: So... um... Mack's or Sam's?  ;)
Reply #60 - Jul 24th, 2012, 4:24pm

I havent done mini golf in many years but would like to play at hassles sometime soon.

Zoom Phloom Fanatic
Email View Profile   IP Logged
HappyGilmore

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #61 - Jul 24th, 2012, 9:09pm

Quote from FlyinGN on Jul 24th, 2012, 2:06pm:
Yep Hassles is quick becoming out go to place .. Great ice cream and golf..

I've yet to try their golf, however, it is usually packed when I'm there.

I used to like the mini golf at 24th, right off the boards.  I believe a guy used to have a bike rental place there as well, but he informed us a few years back that the mini-golf place was bought, and they were forcing him to leave at the end of the season.  I think this was around '04 or '05?

"Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan said he'd melt my brain if I didn't ask Lorraine to the dance."
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #62 - Jul 24th, 2012, 11:28pm

Was that Jungle Lagoon?

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
HappyGilmore

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #63 - Jul 25th, 2012, 1:10am

Quote from MMM on Jul 24th, 2012, 11:28pm:
Was that Jungle Lagoon?

That was the name!

Forgot the name.  I remember they had the elephants, ect.  Tried to stop in at least once on vacation.  Fun times.

"Darth Vader from the planet Vulcan said he'd melt my brain if I didn't ask Lorraine to the dance."
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #64 - Jul 26th, 2012, 12:59am

I never golfed there.  I caught it after finding out it was to be removed/demolished.  After I heard about more condos to be built there, I went over to see it (I wasn't even aware of it before).  It looked nice - I have video footage of it, from the street...

So the person that had Jungle Lagoon didn't own the property it sat on?

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
HappyGilmore

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #65 - Jul 26th, 2012, 8:25pm

Quote from MMM on Jul 26th, 2012, 12:59am:
I never golfed there.  I caught it after finding out it was to be removed/demolished.  After I heard about more condos to be built there, I went over to see it (I wasn't even aware of it before).  It looked nice - I have video footage of it, from the street...

So the person that had Jungle Lagoon didn't own the property it sat on?

Not entirely certain, to be honest.  I can't say I've talked to the person who owned it.  I used to stay up the street from it, at The Lollipop.  And, at least once (sometimes more, depending) I'd stop in with cousins and play a round or two.  

My grandfather and I used to rent bicycles from a guy (wish I knew his name).  He had a spot under the boards at 24th, right next to the mini-golf.  At the time, the golf was closed, and I asked why.  He mentioned that condo owners bought the property and that they payed the Lagoon owners extra to close as soon as possible.  As for the guy with the bikes, he wasn't allowed to rent from there anymore.  The condo owners were willing, however, to let him finish the season out but the next year he up and moved to another location.

MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #66 - Jul 27th, 2012, 12:19am

Thanks Anthony...

Martin Melucci

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print