Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Doo Wop Preservation League
Apr 16th, 2014, 2:56pm
News: Welcome to the Doo Wop Preservation League message board!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Blackpool Pleasure Beach (Read 1118 times)
scca28
Senior God Member

Got Sand On My
Fudgie Wudgie!.

Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Jul 3rd, 2012, 3:56pm

Blackpool Pleasure Beach, England. Ever heard of it before?  
I just happened to stumble onto a youtube video from there, then I looked it up on Bing. Looks like a cool place to visit for anyone who happens to be going across the pond. Roller coaster heaven, and it appears to be a nice mix of old and new stuff. Check it out:
http://binged.it/P7BQ41

Dave
Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
tradewinds
Senior God Member

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Re: Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2012, 11:09pm

I was there back in the summer of 1993 just as they were preparing to build the The Big One over at Pleasure Beach.     George.

View Profile   IP Logged
Bob_Mock
God Member

There is no place
like Wildwood New
Jersey!

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2012, 11:29pm

Blackpool Trivia....It is the home of a famous International Ballroom Dance Championship.

When the government fails to lead the people,the people will rise up to lead the govenment!
Email View Profile   IP Logged
FlyinGN
Ultimate God Member

Wildwood fan since
'61

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2012, 12:34pm

funny you should bring this up. I have a Commerce bank 2005 Hunts pier poster up in my office at work. A professor came in a couple years ago and asked if that was a picture of Blackpool in England. I was confused till he told me that this looks just like it. I told him it was Wildwood. He was just as confused at my answer.. lol..

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/flyingn/mustang%20GT/
Bob_Mock
God Member

There is no place
like Wildwood New
Jersey!

Reply #4 - Jul 7th, 2012, 12:25am

I spoke with a friend who lived near Blackpool England. He told me the Boardwalk had 3 amusement piers  
and blocks and blocks of small motels. It was very popular in the 50s and 60s.....sound familiar?

When the government fails to lead the people,the people will rise up to lead the govenment!
WildMan
Ultimate God Member

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2012, 10:28am

The park is a legend.  Never been there but I'm told the closest thing we have here in the States is Kennywood, just outside of Pittsburgh.

I fear for the park because I understand the current generation of owners doesn't have the same respect for many of the park's classic attractions and some old favorites are slowly being replaced.  I could be mixed up but I think both the Tumble Bug and Whip were recently removed.  The log flume (which looked to rival Seaside Heights' old beloved relic) was junked to make room for a clone of the Nor'easter.

View Profile   IP Logged
wildwoodjms
Senior God Member

Michigan Girl Loves
Wildwood!!

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2012, 3:12pm

My dad is from Scotland.  His parents were too.  This is why we started going to Wildwood.  It reminded them of Blackpool.

Jackie
scca28
Senior God Member

Got Sand On My
Fudgie Wudgie!.

Reply #7 - Jul 22nd, 2012, 7:26am

Dave
Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Bob_Mock
God Member

There is no place
like Wildwood New
Jersey!

Reply #8 - Jul 22nd, 2012, 1:55pm

A friend from England told me this story.....When he was a teenager him and his friends would stand on the Boardwalk at very high tide when the waves were breaking onto the Boards and point at the ocean. Ooohing and ahhhhing. They would attract a large crowd of rookie vacationers.
    When the waves were about to break really high, he and his friends would step inside a Boardwalk business and the tourists would get soaked! Cheesy

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print