Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Doo Wop Preservation League
Sep 20th, 2014, 3:54am
News: Welcome to the Doo Wop Preservation League message board!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
RV's on the beach. (Read 13499 times)
warren
Senior God Member

My favorite little
corner of the world!

RV's on the beach.
Jul 5th, 2012, 3:59pm

I just read a story about Wildwood considering allowing RV's on the beach to of course fill a budget shortfall. My personal opinion is that the beach should be left as is, a place for people. The story is on page six of The Wildwood Leader.

http://www.thewildwoodleader.com/index-flip.html

I'd rather be at the beach!
View Profile   IP Logged
tradewinds
Senior God Member

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Re: RV's on the beach.
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2012, 6:13pm

Seems like another desperate Wildwood beach idea.   George

View Profile   IP Logged
cottoncandy

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #2 - Jul 5th, 2012, 6:47pm

We are busy enough at the WPD to have yet another thing to monitor.
If it's not broke, please don't fix it
and the Wildwood Beach is not broke
agree?

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve63

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #3 - Jul 5th, 2012, 8:42pm

I agree. Please don't turn part of the beach into a parking lot! I have nothing against RV's, but the Wildwood beach is not the place for them.

View Profile   IP Logged
wildwoodgirl
Senior God Member

Best place
ever!!!!!!

Reply #4 - Jul 5th, 2012, 9:04pm

If you have an RV, you go to a campground.  Simple.

View Profile   IP Logged
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #5 - Jul 5th, 2012, 11:17pm

Wouldn't allowing RV's to stay on the beach possibly hurt motel business?

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
Email View Profile   IP Logged
DooWopper
Forum Moderator

Palmus Plasticcus!

Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2012, 8:38pm

Quote from MMM on Jul 5th, 2012, 11:17pm:
Wouldn't allowing RV's to stay on the beach possibly hurt motel business?

If what I heard correctly from the Herald Spout Off I think the amount of RV's permitted on the beach would be pretty limited. We're talking dozens, not hundreds, so I don't think the motels would really hurt. These people would probably end up staying at an RV campground elsewhere, so by actually staying in Wildwood they would probably patronize the boardwalk and other local establishments more. Despite that fact, I still think its a pretty lousy idea to have them on the beach. If there was a big bayfront lot that would be a different story, what about where that solar farm was supposed to go?  

One must remember most people with RV's have $$$, these probably aren't the hillbilly type people many people are making them out to be. When I see large RV groupings here they are usually relatively wealthy retirees.  

-Greg
Please Enjoy My Photo Slideshows
*****http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperOktav *****
View Profile   IP Logged
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #7 - Jul 7th, 2012, 3:08am

I see.  I've heard of some people that travel in one that will also stay in a motel/hotel occasionally on their trip.  When I go to the Dog Show at the Convention Center each February, there are LOTS of RVs parked there.  Some people stay in the motels that are open, but many seem to use the RVs.  That's sort of a special case though...

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
MABcove

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2012, 2:30pm

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/84453-wildwood+verge+becoming+parking +lot+camden

Excellant article in the Editorial section of Cape May Herald regarding this subject

View Profile   IP Logged
warren
Senior God Member

My favorite little
corner of the world!

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2012, 3:03pm

Interesting editorial. Thanks for posting it. Reading the article did two things for me. First, it added to my opinion that the beaches should be left STRICTLY for beach goers on foot. Second, she stated that there are already hurting restaurants that would be hurt by the RV's and further the need to generate additional income with more upscale attractions. My question then becomes, are we dealing with less than full occupancy in the Wildwoods this year? Are the numbers down? If that is not the case then it seems to me the income base is already there and spending. Nothing against more upscale attractions. There is a mix of income levels of course that are vacationing there. I would like other peoples opinion on this if you would be so kind.

I'd rather be at the beach!
View Profile   IP Logged
Steve63

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #10 - Jul 10th, 2012, 7:01pm

Thanks for posting that article. Very interesting. I know I'd be very upset (was going to say something harsher lol) if I lived in Ocean Towers and the view changed from a beautiful beach to a parking lot.

View Profile   IP Logged
wildwood_since_85
Senior God Member

Reply #11 - Jul 10th, 2012, 9:20pm

Quote from warren on Jul 10th, 2012, 3:03pm:
My question then becomes, are we dealing with less than full occupancy in the Wildwoods this year? Are the numbers down?

Hey Warren I was in Wildwood today. I had a conversation with a man and his wife who own a parking lot and pizza place. He said business this year is slower than last. He seemed to be very upfront with me and not one of these people who cries even when business is good.

Now i know thats quite a small sampling of feedback but...i figured id share 1 couples perspective  

Zoom Phloom Fanatic
tradewinds
Senior God Member

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #12 - Jul 10th, 2012, 10:35pm

Perhaps things are slow in Wildwood, but I don't think too many businesses in the Crest are complaining just yet.   George

View Profile   IP Logged
wildwood_since_85
Senior God Member

Reply #13 - Jul 10th, 2012, 10:49pm

Im not saying that i think things are bad but one thing..on the posts you made in the matador thread about how crowded the crest was..it was a weekend. i think that would be a given no matter what

Zoom Phloom Fanatic
Melissa1978
God Member

Loves writing
stories

Reply #14 - Jul 10th, 2012, 11:46pm

I say keep them off  there   are plenty of campgrounds around the wildwoods I'm sure. I don't want to go out on my balcony at the port royal , and see RVs on the crest beach thanks I rather look at sand and  water it's 100% nicer than some ugly RVs I don't care if it's rich RVs or hillbilly  ones.

I don't want to look at them...

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2012, 12:29pm by Melissa1978 »  

Melissa
Cassie to Diana-You're the other blackwell in the circle,you're my sister-The Secret Circle

The Secret Circle,The Lying Game,Castle,The mentalist,Pretty little liars all good shows.

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print