Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Doo Wop Preservation League
Sep 2nd, 2014, 2:40am
News: Welcome to the Doo Wop Preservation League message board!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
RV's on the beach. (Read 13245 times)
MABcove

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Re: RV's on the beach.
Reply #15 - Jul 11th, 2012, 9:39am

http://www.capemaycountyherald.com/article/84716-rvs+beach+proposal+isn%E2%80%99 t+good

Another editorial in the Cape May Herald on-line regarding RV's on beach.

View Profile   IP Logged
MABcove

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #16 - Jul 11th, 2012, 3:08pm

I am posting the below thoughts and concerns for a property owner who lives on Ocean Ave near the site of the proposed RV parking site. I am sure that many others have the same concerns as her, as I do also.

"I am writing to express my strong concerns over the proposed Residential RV Parking on the beach in Wildwood. I am not sure what would have prompted our city to consider such a notion but I have numerous concerns about the impact of this on our community. Most of my concerns center around the lifestyle issues of RV Campers, with grills, pets, drinking, etc. part of their “community”

A few of the issues that I am concerned about are:
•      The sound impact of having RV generators and engines running - presently we can hear the ocean waves from our property - a much more pleasant sound than motors and generators.
•      The environmental impact of the fumes from said generators and engines running constantly. And depending on the wind - a breeze we generally appreciate - could carry these fumes quite a distance through our town and affect everyone’s enjoyment of our beautiful beach and boardwalk.
•      The environmental impact of vehicles leaking oil and other engine fluids and, possibly septic fluids, into the sand of our beautiful beach.
•      The impact on the view of our beautiful beach. The trees were removed from the Hand/Ocean parking lot because some of the residents were concerned that their view of the ocean was impeded by them. I am sure these residents (as well as my family) would rather look at trees instead of RVs, Antenna, and other assorted rooftop paraphernalia.
•      Where will these “residents” dump their trash? Or their waste water? Or their cigarettes?
•      Will these “residents” be allowed to have alcohol? Tax paying residents of the Wildwoods are currently prohibited from having alcohol on the beach or boardwalk.
•      Will these “residents” be allowed to have domestic pets? Tax paying residents f the Wildwoods are currently prohibited from bringing their domestic pets on the beach or boardwalk.
•      Will these “residents” be allowed to have campfires or grills? Another thing that taxpayers in the Wildwoods are prohibited from using the beach for.
•      Additionally there are “wild card” issues of safety, security, and liability that defy prediction until they come to pass but could not help but cause a detrimental effect on our beautiful beach and boardwalk community.
In short, I am deeply concerned that our beautiful beach and boardwalk will degenerate into a campground the likes of nearby Fort Apache. In these economic times, I realize that government must embrace all options to remain solvent - but this would be a mistake. Wildwood has revamped her image in recent years and this campground would be several steps in the wrong direction. If an RV park is indeed the best solution, perhaps another location that be less impact on our beautiful beach would be smarter - for example, the old dump around Susquehanna. Another option to raise needed funds could be to charge for the beach access.

View Profile   IP Logged
FlyinGN
Ultimate God Member

Wildwood fan since
'61

Reply #17 - Jul 11th, 2012, 6:51pm

all great points MABcove...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/flyingn/mustang%20GT/
Email View Profile   IP Logged
cringey

WW for life

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2012, 12:47am

Even though I'm an outsider (visitor)  this whole talk about charging for beach access is worrying me.  
I think for the last 3-4 day trip we paid enough in extra taxes the city levys for the room to almost pay for a whole extra night.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
DooWopper
Forum Moderator

Palmus Plasticcus!

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2012, 10:33am

The room tax is very high. I agree with the motel owners that condo owners who rent have an unfair advantage as their renters escape the what, 14% room tax? As for vehicles on the beach, my opinion is pretty much this state wide, only 4x4 vehicles in the off-season with permits for fishing only. I don't like the ideas of RVs on the beach, give them a nice batside location with appropriate facilities. The beach needs footprints, not oily tire tracks.

-Greg
Please Enjoy My Photo Slideshows
*****http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperOktav *****
View Profile   IP Logged
tradewinds
Senior God Member

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #20 - Jul 15th, 2012, 5:03pm

The E. Cresse Ave entrance also borders Wildwood Crest. I wonder if Wildwood is going to take into consideration what it's Crest neighbors think about sharing that beach entrance and using it for RVs?    George

« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2012, 6:51pm by tradewinds »  
View Profile   IP Logged
warren
Senior God Member

My favorite little
corner of the world!

Reply #21 - Jul 15th, 2012, 5:20pm

It seems that whatever relatively few RV's that would be allowed entrance to the beach would be a negligible drop in the bucket money wise. Unless they are considering allowing large numbers it would not seem worth it.

I'd rather be at the beach!
View Profile   IP Logged
tradewinds
Senior God Member

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #22 - Jul 18th, 2012, 2:14pm

How smart is this idea after they decided to put in the new Crest ramp that connects to the boardwalk at that spot?   George

View Profile   IP Logged
MABcove

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #23 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 8:30am

I thought I had read somewhere that the RV's would only be allowed on the beach area until 11:00 PM, with no overnight parking. I am now hearing differently that overnight parking will be allowed. Also is there any truth to them building some type of "staging area" for the RV's?

View Profile   IP Logged
Melissa1978
God Member

Loves writing
stories

Reply #24 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 1:00pm

I'm hoping if it is taking into consideration the crest  says no. I don't need too look at those and don't want too and my mother will also not want to look at That and my stepfather as well.

Melissa
Cassie to Diana-You're the other blackwell in the circle,you're my sister-The Secret Circle

The Secret Circle,The Lying Game,Castle,The mentalist,Pretty little liars all good shows.

tradewinds
Senior God Member

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #25 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 1:43pm

Troiano needs to have his head examined. He should be more concerned about the danger zones on and off the boardwalk instead of allowing RVs on the beach directy in front of a luxury condominium complex at that very busy E Cresse Ave location! If he realy wants to help raise revenue then tax condo and townhome rentals like they do motel and hotels! At least he's going to get a real fight from the people at Ocean Towers because they already declared war on his big idea at the last town meeting.    George

View Profile   IP Logged
Melissa1978
God Member

Loves writing
stories

Reply #26 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 2:04pm

Quote from tradewinds on Jul 23rd, 2012, 1:43pm:
Troiano needs to have his head examined. He should be more concerned about the danger zones on and off the boardwalk instead of allowing RVs on the beach directy in front of a luxury condominium complex at that very busy E Cresse Ave location! If he realy wants to help raise revenue then tax condo and townhome rentals like they do motel and hotels! At least he's going to get a real fight from the people at Ocean Towers because they already declared war on his big idea at the last town meeting.    George

good I hope ocean towers fights him again also so should aqua beach and adventurer they are pretty close to there too. When I stayed at aqua beach in 2008 we were able to walk right to the boardwalk in 2 minutes Smiley

Melissa
Cassie to Diana-You're the other blackwell in the circle,you're my sister-The Secret Circle

The Secret Circle,The Lying Game,Castle,The mentalist,Pretty little liars all good shows.

MABcove

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #27 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 4:08pm

Heard that there may be a peaseful demonstrations this coming Sat. 7/28 in the area close to the RV's

Will post if I get additional details.

View Profile   IP Logged
tradewinds
Senior God Member

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #28 - Jul 23rd, 2012, 6:31pm

Last Thursday (according to www.nbc40.net) the number of RVs allowed on the beach was around 80.   George

« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2012, 12:04am by tradewinds »  
View Profile   IP Logged
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #29 - Jul 24th, 2012, 2:41am

Quote from tradewinds on Jul 23rd, 2012, 1:43pm:
...tax condo and townhome rentals like they do motel and hotels!

Agree, but island wide.  If someone is staying somewhere for less than a month, it's all transient lodging on paper.  I don't see how the form of ownership or style of lodging should influence whether these taxes are collected on a stay or not.

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print