Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Doo Wop Preservation League
Jul 28th, 2014, 2:26pm
News: Welcome to the Doo Wop Preservation League message board!
Home Help Search Login Register

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello from the Sunshine State! (Read 1275 times)
watchthetramcar
Senior God Member

Hello from the Sunshine State!
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:09pm

Some of you will probably remember Me. My name is Kory and well, I was convinced to come back to the message board. I probably won't be as active, but well..... I'm back!  Smiley
I live in Melbourne, Florida and am enjoying life here.
So, thats all for now. The ticker says that I have 167 unread messages. This should be Fun!

Email View Profile   IP Logged
wildwood_since_85
Senior God Member

Re: Hello from the Sunshine State!
Reply #1 - Jul 17th, 2012, 11:30pm

Hi Kory. Welcome back. Do you spend any time in Wildwood these days?

Zoom Phloom Fanatic
MMM
Forum Moderator

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #2 - Jul 17th, 2012, 11:40pm

Welcome back, Kory! Smiley

Martin Melucci

...no matter how much you like an old building, someone will eventually come along and knock it down to build a "better" one. But that rarely happens. - Tony Visconti
watchthetramcar
Senior God Member

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2012, 12:19am

Thanks Everyone!

I moved to Wildwood in 2008, then Off Shore to Cape May Court House. It was quite an adventure for us, but all part of the Journey. I actually spent tons of time in Wildwood besides working on the Island and as a member of the Wildwood Planning Board under Ernie.
We decided that if we didn't remain living in Wildwood, we would move back to Florida. This time we found a great house in Melbourne (3 miles away from the aqua ocean). We just moved in April, so this is the first season we are away from the Boardwalk. It's a tough one, but when the Wildwood season is over and winter arrives, I may adjust a little better.  
We went to the Cape May Animal Shelter in 2008 and I found my Christmas present (the greatest gift) a Bischon and of course I named it Doo-Wop. So I guess you can say I had more hidden reasons that even I knew when I moved back to New Jersey.
So far I have ordered Fudge from my favorite candy store on the boardwalk, The Fudge Factory. Got on their Online Store and ordered my favorite fudge flavor from them, Dulche Leche. So at least I know that I can order things from Wildwood and have them shipped to me here in Florida.  
Still have my cell ringtone set from years ago with 'Watch The Tram Car Please' and that will never change. If anyone needs the link, I still have it.
Not this year but next year, we will be coming back to Wildwood and trying out the Astronaut Motel for our stay for 1 week.
As Darren always says... never a dull moment with me. I always knew that!  Roll Eyes
As you all know we lost Marie (wildre) not that long ago. Darren & I visited with her one day on her porch after her ordeal, and well she is out of her pain and will forever be a part of Wildwood.
I was hesitant about coming back to the message board until Martin made me feel so good about it.
The last time I was on this message board Facebook wasn't even around, so it's been I think around 4 years since I have posted. Of course I signed up for Facebook to keep in touch with friends.  
The funny thing is that it's been so long on here, I totally forgot how to do any of the wacky things I use to do. So until I search deep in my brain, I will remain 'Beige'.
Well, here I am back again.
Special thanks to you martin for making me feel confident enough to come back to the Wildwood Fraternity!

« Last Edit: Jul 18th, 2012, 8:34am by watchthetramcar »  
Sean Carragher
God Member

Aloha

Reply #4 - Jul 18th, 2012, 1:38am

Welcome Back Kory!!!

Moving to the Wildwoods someday.........
Al Alven
Forum Moderator

Through this magical
arch...

Reply #5 - Jul 18th, 2012, 2:05am

Really nice to hear from you,Kory, and glad to hear that you're doing well. Don't be a stranger!  Smiley

Al Alven

Wildwood 365: www.wildwood365.net
Email View Profile WWW alalven   IP Logged
bigmikeyd1960
Senior God Member

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #6 - Jul 18th, 2012, 6:09am

welcome back Kory!!!

mike
rosiebear1

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #7 - Jul 18th, 2012, 9:07am

Welcome back, Kory!

View Profile   IP Logged
DooWopStuff

Retro 1950's &
60's Wildwood Images
for Prints

Reply #8 - Jul 18th, 2012, 10:17am

Welcome back Kory. I sent you an e-mail with what I could quickly find. Let me know you you need something else.
Eric

Email View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Cindy
God Member

proudly drinking the
kool aid

Reply #9 - Jul 18th, 2012, 12:17pm

We have missed you, Kory, welcome back

My message tone is Watch the Tram Car…  Wink

"Bobby Bright of the Wildwood Historical Society often refers to us as a cult . . ." Ralph Grassi
FlyinGN
Ultimate God Member

Wildwood fan since
'61

Reply #10 - Jul 18th, 2012, 1:55pm

Hey Kory!! Welcome back buddy!! Grin

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v665/flyingn/mustang%20GT/
DooWopper
Forum Moderator

Palmus Plasticcus!

Reply #11 - Jul 18th, 2012, 6:18pm

Kory! Welcome back! Glad to hear you are doing well, its hard to believe its been that long since you were here, time really flies, wow!  Shocked Hmm Florida, I will be quite jealous in the Winter when you have nice comfortable weather and I'm freezing Wink See you around the message board!

-Greg
Please Enjoy My Photo Slideshows
*****http://www.youtube.com/user/SuperOktav *****
View Profile   IP Logged
wildwoodjms
Senior God Member

Michigan Girl Loves
Wildwood!!

Reply #12 - Jul 19th, 2012, 6:08am

Welcome back Kory!  I've had the great opportunity of seeing you a couple of times in Wildwood since our dinner with Frank and Marie many years ago.  Glad we are Facebooking and you are back on the Doo Wop Message Board.

Your Michigan friend,
Jackie

Jackie
cottoncandy

I support Doo Wop
preservation.

Reply #13 - Jul 19th, 2012, 8:50pm

well well well, mr kory. what took you so long in coming on this message board? but by the looks of your posts, it seems that you are a veteran here. you know who this is I am sure. I justed wanted to thank you for the training you gave me at the front desk back in 2009. I am still 911 and like you of all people know it's still crazy in here.  
good to see you on and glad you moved back to florida. now I have a place to vacation once again.
talk to you soon my wildwood friend ♥

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print