Between the virus and losing my job, I knew my August reservation was going to be taken off the table. It was sad enough knowing I would not be there for Mother's Day weekend. The next time we were set to go down was for the car show weekend in September, which I have attended for the past 19 years (we even got married and honeymooned down there a week before that weekend). After some thought, we decided to go ahead and send our deposit for those dates, whether or not they actually have the car show.
It's been a rough several months and I can't imagine not going down at all. Even if everything is closed, just being there will be a breath of fresh air. I know things can change but I am hoping that by the end of September everything will be a little more settled down.