Mon - Fri: 7am - 10pm

​​Saturday: 8am - 10pm

​Sunday: 8am - 11pm


The Doo Wop Experience and Neon Sign Garden are located directly across from the Wildwoods Convention Center on Ocean Avenue between Burk and Montgomery Avenues.



© 2019 The Doo Wop Preservation League. Proudly created by Wild Island Graphics.

Sep 1

10 days in August


We did our annual trip in early August. We usually do a week. This year we added some time so that maybe we could do more day trips. We did go to Cape May one day starting with breakfast at Dock Mikes. Same old stuff in Cape May but we always end up buying something. Late lunch at Lobster House during an absolute downpour. The only real rain of the entire week.

Stayed at Royal Hawaiian and it was really weird with the Singapore closed. The seagulls were enjoying having the pool to themselves. Had breakfast at Admiral's Table twice, Alosi's, Royal Grill, Doo-Wop Coffee shop, Waikiki, Red Oak, Oasis Beach Grill and Larkin's. Admiral's table with it's location right across the street, was great for breakfast. They seem to have gotten better the past 2 years and Alosi's is always good. We spent another day in Stone Harbor where we shopped and snacked and went out tubing at Island Water Sports. The rest of our days were on the beach. The ocean water seemed a little colder and cloudier than I wanted but the pool at the hotel was awesome, and so was the weather. For dinners we went to Steak em up on the boards, Alfe's, Menz, Dong Sin, 2 Mile Landing, Rio Station and Merion Inn.

Sounds like you had a fun trip. What was your favorite restaurant while down there?

Hard to say. You can't beat the service and quality at Lobster House. Merion Inn was probably the best food, but they are a bit expensive.

Sep 4

Wow, I didn't even notice the Singapore was closed this year.

Yikes, I also didn't see that the Singapore was closed. bummer.

glad you had a fun trip!

I was told that they had until May to fix issues and didn't. Apparently the walls are cracked from building shifting and mold was growing out of the cracks. Sounds like fun.

New Posts
  • Since all our old trip reports were lost with the old message board, I decided I would occasionally post some pictures from old visits to Wildwood. This report includes some pictures from June 20th, 2005. The old skeeball lanes in Gateway 26 after they moved them from the back of the arcade to one of the smaller front rooms. These were great because they use to take a dime. My wife posing in front of the old "Flame Inn" at 23rd and Surf. Me posing in front of the old Thunderbird Inn which was also on Surf. A look at the old Seaport Village before it was a swimming pool. Sportland Pier still had the Dairy Queen and arcade. Dr. Blood's House of Horrors was still standing, although it hadn't operated since the 80s. Morey's had just converted Dante's Inferno to Dante's Dungeon. Mariner's Landing had just converted Dark River to Pirates of Wildwood. The Cook's Shoppe was new this season. The big Curley's Fry sign on Morey's Pier was new. They had just knocked down the Captain's Table restaurant. They had just put in the Commerce Bank on Rio Grande Ave.
  • We were down to Wildwood for just one day to close up the shore house and enjoy the island one last time before everything closes for the winter. It was closing day for Mariner's Landing and their Oktoberfest celebration. It wasn't too cold, but there was some clouds and occasional drizzle. Here are some pictures from the day. We got some Curley's and they were great. We didn't try the "beer cheese". I had my last fix of Mack's for the year. I hope it will last me through the winter... They were selling these huge cheese-covered pretzels on Mariner's Landing. I didn't have one, but this lady let me take a picture of hers. I should have asked her for a bite too. I had to get my pumpkin and cinnamon Kohr's cone. Things were pretty quiet on the beach and boardwalk. The pier was adorned with blue & white bunting. A lot of chairs in storage. Where Ferris wheel cars go to hibernate for the winter. Randy was bringing in some stuff to his arcade. I'm not sure if it was just to store or he was going to set it up. "See you in May." That says it all...
  • Hello everyone, I'm a bit late with this but I've been extremely busy. My girlfriend and I went down the 22nd-25th of August and stayed at the Shalimar. Here is a video I put together. I tried to make it fun by adding facts about Wildwood, personal stories, or asking the viewers questions. And another video: I call this trip "unfinished business" . There were things I had planned to do, but couldn't. Anyway, here's a recap: 22nd: -Left in the morning, got there by lunch and did our usual first stop at Curley's. Played some ski ball at Lime Ricky's after it (where it's still only a quarter to play) . Checked in, took a quick nap, then hit the gym. Our favorite, Bandana's for dinner, the vegetable wrap there is so good. Hit the boards where we soaked in the sights and sounds for the night. Of course, I played a good half hour of Fascination, so happy it's back! 23rd: -Drove to Fresh on 5th in North Wildwood for a big green smoothie for breakfast, I was filled with energy and ready to go. For lunch, we went to The Mad Batter in Cape May. There was quite a wait, but it was worth it. We ordered take out since it would have been quicker. We ordered the seitan wings which were so incredibly good. My gf also ordered a black bean burger to eat at a later time. Ate in our room. And then....the rain came. It rained (pretty heavy) for the rest of the day and into the night. I did drive out for some soy ice cream at Cool Scoops, but other than that, we stayed in the room and watched Mindhunter on Netflix. The day was pretty much lost. 24th: -It was beautiful the next morning. We rented bikes and drove from the Crest to the boardwalk and back, and then a bit in the streets. This was a huge accomplishment for me, as I have only learned to ride 2 years ago and have only ridden while on vacation pretty much. So that was my first time riding in the streets. Next year, I plan to go more than a few blocks in the streets. After showering we hit the boards, had a smoothie from Alohoa. I planned to conquer my fears and go on roller coasters. I told my gf "I'll go on tonight when we come back to the boards" . After a nap in the room, went to Bandana's again (to go this time) so I can get another veggie wrap while my gf had her black bean burger from Mad Batter, which she said was great. It became cool and breezy, and we realized we didn't pack anything for cooler temps, so we just hung out on the balcony/the room for the night, no boardwalk. 25th: -After checking out, we went to the board for one more round of Curley fries. We usually get fries and leave right away, but this time we stuck around on the boards for another hour or so, playing some more ski ball, and soaking everything in one last time. Of course the weather was finally perfect the day we were leaving. I had a hard time leaving. There was a lot of uncertainty job wise back home. I didn't get to go on the rides like I had hoped. We didn't do our usual fun times in Old City Pub and then going in the Ghost Ship. No Ferris Wheel. Didn't get to Sunset Lake, or any of the wineries. I wanted to do more bike riding. As we were walking back to the car, I said "I have unfinished business here" . I didn't want it to end. And so, the long wait for next summer begins.