4500 Ocean Avenue
Wildwood, NJ 08260
Fishers. I don’t think we have ever stepped foot in there. Maybe we should. Heading down Saturday
I want to like Fisher's. I really do. Out of curiosity, are we talking breakfast here or lunch and dinners?
"What to do with the Boardwalk Mall?" is sounding a lot like, "What to do with Pacific Avenue?"
I don't have any answer to that question, but I know one thing that's NOT an answer: I don't think the Boardwalk Mall can continue to exist as a mall. It offers retail space, just like the boardwalk (and in mid-season, there are quite a few empty spaces), but offers none of the exposure. One has to walk inside the building to notice one of the businesses within. I would love to see it become a movie theater again, but the building is too small to offer what is expected of modern theaters (multiple screens, comprehensive snack bar, reclining seats, etc.). Mini golf would be nice (or anything to entertain on a rainy day) but I don't think it would generate enough business to cover the rent that's necessary to properly maintain the structure. Ditto for a restaurant that would need a liquor license to draw crowds.
Personally, I think it becoming a concert venue would be cool. Imagine your favorite band performing for a small but enthusiastic crowd! But then that would compete with the Convention Center, and I don't see many of anyone's favorite bands going there to perform intimate shows.
Fisher's restaurant has been a go-to for my family since I was a kid. Underrated spot
great report! makes me look forward to when I go down next month!
2. The Pops popcorn on Cedar and the BW was pretty quiet all week and hardly fills the void left by Harry;s Corner
I hope they can build a new customer base.
3. The Seaport Pier was very busy each night and they seem to have found a successful formula.
4.The Beach and Boardwalk work crews have done an excellent job on keeping everything looking sharp
5.The Boyer/Wildwood Museum has a buy a brick programs that allows you to get your name on the sidewalk....best donation I have ever made...and we can visit our sidewalk brick when we are on vacation!
6. With the loss of Harry's Corner our go to place for boardwalk food is Fishers at 23rd...great food, fair prices and appreciative owners ...and very CLEAN!
7.The Runnaway Tram is looking like a lot of fun.
8. We think the hardest working guy in Wildwood has to be Gig who runs the TRAMS....everything runs like clockwork and all of his employees look like they were trained by a Marine Drill Instructor...(Gig)
9. Randy's Facination is coming together a we need to support him.
10. There was a store front up by Spencer that looked like a Good Will Store...how the heck did they get on the Boardwalk....just piles of clothes thrown on tables....not good for Wildwoods image
11. I had a blast....!!!
12. We head back down for Vol 2 of our vacation in August!!
When are you going in August?