Mon - Fri: 7am - 10pm

​​Saturday: 8am - 10pm

​Sunday: 8am - 11pm


The Doo Wop Experience and Neon Sign Garden are located directly across from the Wildwoods Convention Center on Ocean Avenue between Burk and Montgomery Avenues.



© 2019 The Doo Wop Preservation League. Proudly created by Wild Island Graphics.

Sep 2

Quick Labor Day Weekend 2019 trip


Edited: Sep 2

We arrived in Wildwood Saturday the 31st around noon and headed home on Sunday around 1 pm. We had to make it a shorter trip this year because my son joined marching band and he had a Friday night football game that the band played at. The weather in Wildwood was great on both days and we managed to pack a lot in. Here are a few pictures from the trip.


The Morey's added some advertising to the back of Dante's and some other smaller buildings.


We had no problem getting on the Runaway Tram on Saturday because there was no line.


We went to the Wharf for my birthday and we had a nice meal. I got the Ciopinno and it was very good.


My daughter did well on the cranes in Gateway and even won this bat Pusheen. She was happy.


My son happened upon this Toto in Gateway and made a quick win.


Before leaving on Sunday I had all my favorites including a slice of Mack's, a half of roast beef sandwich at Snow White, some Curley's Fries, and a cinnamon/pumpkin swirl at Kohr's.

Although it was a short trip we had fun. The summer ended way too fast again...

Summer does go by too quick, this year was no exception. I believe I last had the pumpkin swirl from Kohr's during Morey's Fears, if memory serves correct it was delicious. Our Kohrs in Seaside doesn't do that flavor, nor do they have Peanut Butter.

No peanut butter or pumpkin in Seaside??? There is no point in going to Kohr's then....

@DarkInThePark Though I love the Peanut Butter, childhood memories always equate Seaside with the Vanilla/Orange Swirl so it's all good. The Kohr's in Seaside is a different owner than the one in Wildwood which may explain the variations of flavors.

excellent documentation, as always Bill. didn't it feel like this summer went by too quick? well, doesn't EVERY summer feel like that?

That's the only Toto card I have even seen this summer! Congrats.

We were lucky and got three regular Totos and one baby Toto this summer.

Sep 19Edited: Sep 19

Great report and pics as always. Glad you posted, Warren

New Posts
  • Since all our old trip reports were lost with the old message board, I decided I would occasionally post some pictures from old visits to Wildwood. This report includes some pictures from June 20th, 2005. The old skeeball lanes in Gateway 26 after they moved them from the back of the arcade to one of the smaller front rooms. These were great because they use to take a dime. My wife posing in front of the old "Flame Inn" at 23rd and Surf. Me posing in front of the old Thunderbird Inn which was also on Surf. A look at the old Seaport Village before it was a swimming pool. Sportland Pier still had the Dairy Queen and arcade. Dr. Blood's House of Horrors was still standing, although it hadn't operated since the 80s. Morey's had just converted Dante's Inferno to Dante's Dungeon. Mariner's Landing had just converted Dark River to Pirates of Wildwood. The Cook's Shoppe was new this season. The big Curley's Fry sign on Morey's Pier was new. They had just knocked down the Captain's Table restaurant. They had just put in the Commerce Bank on Rio Grande Ave.
  • We were down to Wildwood for just one day to close up the shore house and enjoy the island one last time before everything closes for the winter. It was closing day for Mariner's Landing and their Oktoberfest celebration. It wasn't too cold, but there was some clouds and occasional drizzle. Here are some pictures from the day. We got some Curley's and they were great. We didn't try the "beer cheese". I had my last fix of Mack's for the year. I hope it will last me through the winter... They were selling these huge cheese-covered pretzels on Mariner's Landing. I didn't have one, but this lady let me take a picture of hers. I should have asked her for a bite too. I had to get my pumpkin and cinnamon Kohr's cone. Things were pretty quiet on the beach and boardwalk. The pier was adorned with blue & white bunting. A lot of chairs in storage. Where Ferris wheel cars go to hibernate for the winter. Randy was bringing in some stuff to his arcade. I'm not sure if it was just to store or he was going to set it up. "See you in May." That says it all...
  • Hello everyone, I'm a bit late with this but I've been extremely busy. My girlfriend and I went down the 22nd-25th of August and stayed at the Shalimar. Here is a video I put together. I tried to make it fun by adding facts about Wildwood, personal stories, or asking the viewers questions. And another video: I call this trip "unfinished business" . There were things I had planned to do, but couldn't. Anyway, here's a recap: 22nd: -Left in the morning, got there by lunch and did our usual first stop at Curley's. Played some ski ball at Lime Ricky's after it (where it's still only a quarter to play) . Checked in, took a quick nap, then hit the gym. Our favorite, Bandana's for dinner, the vegetable wrap there is so good. Hit the boards where we soaked in the sights and sounds for the night. Of course, I played a good half hour of Fascination, so happy it's back! 23rd: -Drove to Fresh on 5th in North Wildwood for a big green smoothie for breakfast, I was filled with energy and ready to go. For lunch, we went to The Mad Batter in Cape May. There was quite a wait, but it was worth it. We ordered take out since it would have been quicker. We ordered the seitan wings which were so incredibly good. My gf also ordered a black bean burger to eat at a later time. Ate in our room. And then....the rain came. It rained (pretty heavy) for the rest of the day and into the night. I did drive out for some soy ice cream at Cool Scoops, but other than that, we stayed in the room and watched Mindhunter on Netflix. The day was pretty much lost. 24th: -It was beautiful the next morning. We rented bikes and drove from the Crest to the boardwalk and back, and then a bit in the streets. This was a huge accomplishment for me, as I have only learned to ride 2 years ago and have only ridden while on vacation pretty much. So that was my first time riding in the streets. Next year, I plan to go more than a few blocks in the streets. After showering we hit the boards, had a smoothie from Alohoa. I planned to conquer my fears and go on roller coasters. I told my gf "I'll go on tonight when we come back to the boards" . After a nap in the room, went to Bandana's again (to go this time) so I can get another veggie wrap while my gf had her black bean burger from Mad Batter, which she said was great. It became cool and breezy, and we realized we didn't pack anything for cooler temps, so we just hung out on the balcony/the room for the night, no boardwalk. 25th: -After checking out, we went to the board for one more round of Curley fries. We usually get fries and leave right away, but this time we stuck around on the boards for another hour or so, playing some more ski ball, and soaking everything in one last time. Of course the weather was finally perfect the day we were leaving. I had a hard time leaving. There was a lot of uncertainty job wise back home. I didn't get to go on the rides like I had hoped. We didn't do our usual fun times in Old City Pub and then going in the Ghost Ship. No Ferris Wheel. Didn't get to Sunset Lake, or any of the wineries. I wanted to do more bike riding. As we were walking back to the car, I said "I have unfinished business here" . I didn't want it to end. And so, the long wait for next summer begins.